Posts : 152
Join date : 2015-07-07
|Subject: Season 2 Episode 1 New Earth Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:15 pm|| |
- Cassandra-Possessed Rose: You're not exactly nun with gun, you're not even armed.
Matron Casp: Who needs arms when we have claws?
- The Doctor: Nice place. No shop, downstairs. I'd have a shop. Not a big one - just a shop. So people can shop.
- The Doctor: Strictly speaking it's the fifteenth New York since the original. So that makes it New, New New New, New New New New New New, New New New, New, New York. (Rose is staring at him) What?
Rose: You're so different.
The Doctor: New New Doctor.
- Cassandra-Possessed Chip: Oh sweet lord, I'm a walking doodle...
- The Doctor: If they live because of this, then life is worthless.
Novice Hame: But who are you to decide that?
The Doctor: I'm The Doctor. And if you don't like it, if you want to take it to a higher authority: there isn't one. It stops with me.
- (After Cassandra possesses one of the Flesh so that the Doctor and Rose can escape, she jumps back into Rose's body)
Cassandra-Possessed Rose: Inside her head… they're so alone. They keep reaching out just to hold us. All their lives… and they've never been touched.
- Matron Casp: Anything we can do to help?
Cassandra-Possessed Rose: Straight to the point, Whiskers. I want money.
Matron Casp: The Sisterhood is a charity. We don't give money. We only accept.
Cassandra-Possessed Rose: The humans across the water pay you a fortune. And that's exactly what I need. A one-off payment, that's all I want. And perhaps a yacht. In return for which, I will tell the city nothing of your institutional murder. Is that a deal?
- Cassandra-Possessed Rose: The Sisterhood are up to something. Remember that Old Earth saying? Never trust a nun. Never trust a nurse. And never trust a cat.
- (About the Duke of Manhattan's miraculous recovery)
Matron Casp: Primitive species would accuse us of magic. But it's merely the tender application of science.
The Doctor: How on Earth did you cure him?
Matron Casp: How on New Earth, you might say.
- Novice Hame: (about the Face of Boe) I can hear him singing sometimes. In my mind. Such ancient songs.
The Doctor: Am I the only visitor?
Novice Hame: The rest of Boe-kind became extinct long ago. He's the only one left. Legend says that the Face of Boe has watched the universe grow old. There's all sorts of superstitions around him. One story says that - just before his death - the Face of Boe will impart his great secret. He will speak those words only to one like himself.
- (Rose and Cassandra discuss Cassandra's regeneration)
Rose: What about the skin? I saw it. You got ripped apart.
Cassandra: That piece of skin was taken from the front of my body. This piece is the back.
Rose: Right, so you're talking out of your ar...
Cassandra: ...ask not.
- Cassandra: Rose Tyler! I knew it! That dirty blonde assassin!
Chip: She's coming here, mistress.
Cassandra: This is beyond coincidence. This is destiny. At last I can be revenged on that little-
(Cut to the Doctor and Rose entering the hospital)
Rose: Bit rich coming from you.
The Doctor: I can't help it, I don't like hospitals. They give me the creeps.
- Cassandra-Possessed Rose: Oh my god! I'm a chav!
- The Doctor: Hold on, I can understand the bodies, I can understand your vows. One thing I can't understand, what have you done to Rose?
Novice Hame: I don't know what you mean.
The Doctor: And I'm being very, very calm. You wanna be aware of that, very very calm. And the only reason I'm being so very, very calm is that the brain is a delicate thing. Whatever you've done to Rose's head, I want it reversed.
- Novice Hame: It's said he'll talk to a wanderer, to the man without a home.
(The Doctor realises that he fits this description.)
Novice Hame: The lonely god.
- (After being kissed by Cassandra-Possessed Rose)
The Doctor: (high-pitched voice) Yup...still got it...
- Cassandra-possessed Doctor: Goodness me, I'm a man... Yum!... So many parts! And hardly used... Ah.. ah! Two hearts! Oh, baby, I'm beating out a samba!
Rose: Get out of him.
Cassandra-possessed Doctor: Ooh, he's slim. And a little bit foxy. You've thought so too. I've been inside your head...You've been looking... you like it!
- Cassandra Possessed Doctor: (pushing Rose aside) Out of the way, blondie!
- The Doctor: That is enigmatic. That - that is - that is textbook enigmatic.
- Rose: (Talking about Chip, to Cassandra) What about Gollum?
- Rose: They are cats!
- Rose: So where we going?
The Doctor: Further than we've ever gone before!
- Cassandra Possessed Rose: Oh...baby...It's like living inside a bouncy castle!
- Rose: Can I just say, travelling with you, I love it.
The Doctor: Me too!
- Cassandra-Possessed Rose: Over the years, I thought of a thousand ways to kill you, Doctor. And now that's exactly what I've got. One thousand diseases.
- The Doctor: When you took your vows, did you agree to this?
Novice Hame: The Sisterhood had sworn to help.
The Doctor: What? By killing?
Novice Hame: They're not real people. They're specially grown. They have no proper existence.
The Doctor: What's the turnover, hmmm? Thousand a day? Thousand the next? Thousand the next? How many thousand? For how many years? How many?!?
- Cassandra: Peek-a-boo.
Rose: Don't you come anywhere near me, Cassandra.
- Cassandra-Possessed Rose: Although...Nice rear..bumper!
- The Face of Boe: We shall meet again Doctor, for the third time, and the last time, and the truth shall be told. Until that day...
- The Doctor: (Pointing to Cassandra-Possessed Rose) You can't deny them, 'cause you helped create them!
- Rose: What's the city called?
The Doctor: New New York.