Psych-Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psych-Illusions

Psychology, mind, behavior, abnormal, biological, cognitive, comparative, cross-cultural, cultural differential, evolutionary, experimental, music, health, theories

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 2 Episode 2 Tooth and Claw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Season 2 Episode 2 Tooth and Claw Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 Episode 2 Tooth and Claw   Season 2 Episode 2 Tooth and Claw EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:16 pm

• (examining the Koh-i-noor diamond)
    Rose: Good job my mum's not here, she'd be fighting the wolf off with her bare hands for that.
    The Doctor: And she'd win.
  • The Doctor: (referring to the "telescope") It's a bit rubbish. How many prisms has it got? Way too many. The magnification's gone right over the top, that's a stupid kind of a ... (quietly to Rose) am I being rude again?
    Rose: Yep.
    The Doctor: But it's pretty! It's very ... pretty.
  • Queen Victoria: I am not amused (Rose looks triumphantly at the Doctor having won their bet)
  • The Doctor: (To Sir Robert) Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?
    Rose: Being rude again.
    The Doctor: Good, I meant that one.
  • Queen Victoria: (after first knighting The Doctor and Rose, then banishing them) I have rewarded you, Sir Doctor, and now you are exiled from this empire never to return. I don't know who you are, the two of you, or where you're from but I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun. But your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death, and I will not allow it. You will leave these shores and you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good and how much longer you may survive this terrible life. Now, leave my world and never return!
  • (about Queen Victoria's diamond)
    Rose: Is that the Koh-i-noor?
    The Doctor: Oh yes. The greatest diamond in the world.
    Queen Victoria: Given to me as the spoils of war. Perhaps its legend is now coming true. It is said that whoever owns it must surely die.
    The Doctor: Well, that's true of anything if you wait long enough.
  • Sir Robert: Why does it want the throne?
    Rose: That's what it wants. It said so. The Empire of the Wolf.
    The Doctor: Imagine it. The Victorian age accelerated. Starships and missiles fuelled by coal and driven by steam. Leaving history devastated in its wake.
  • Father Angelo: We have waited so long for one of your journeys to coincide with the moon.
    Queen Victoria: Then you have waited in vain. After six attempts on my life, (she reaches into her clutch-bag and pulls out a pistol, aiming it at him) I am hardly unprepared.
    Father Angelo: Oh, I don't think so, woman.
    Queen Victoria: The correct form of address is Your Majesty. (she shoots)
  • (after telling the tale of the werewolf)
    Sir Robert: My father didn't treat it as a story. He said it was fact. He even claimed to have communed with the beast to have learned its purpose. I should have listened. His work was hindered. He made enemies. There's a monastery in the Glen of St. Catherine. The brethren opposed my father's investigations.
    Queen Victoria: Perhaps they thought his work ungodly?
    Sir Robert: That's what I thought. But now I wonder what if they had a different reason for wanting the story kept quiet? What if they turned from God and worshipped the wolf?
  • Queen Victoria: Since my husband's death, I find myself with more of a taste for supernatural fiction.
    The Doctor: You must miss him.
    Queen Victoria: Very much. (pause) Oh, completely. And that's the charm of a ghost story, isn't it? Not the scares and chills, that's just for children, but the hope of some contact with the great beyond. We all want some message from that place. It's the Creator's greatest mystery that we're allowed no such consolation. The dead stay silent. And we must wait. (pause; she gathers herself) Come, begin your tale, Sir Robert. There's a chill in the air. The wind is howling through the eaves. Tell us of monsters!
  • Father Angelo: We will take the house.
    Steward: Would you like my wife while you're at it?
    Father Angelo: If you won't stand aside, then we'll take it by force.
    Steward: By what power? The hand of God?
    Father Angelo: No. The fist of man.
  • Reynolds: (to the Doctor) You will explain your presence, and the nakedness of this girl. (meaning Rose)
    Doctor: (Scottish accent) Are we in Scotland?
    Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
    Doctor: Och, I'm dazed and confused... I been chasing this wee naked child over hill and over dale... (to Rose) isn't that right, yah... timorous beastie?
    Rose: Och, aye! I've been 'oot n' aboot!
    Doctor: (normal accent, to Rose) No, don't do that.
    Rose: Oh, come on!
    Doctor: No, really don't. Really.
  • The Doctor: 1879 - she's had ... ohh ... six attempts on her life? And I'll tell you something else: we just met Queen Victoria!
    Rose: (excitedly) I know!
    The Doctor: What a laugh!
    Rose: She was just sitting there!
    The Doctor: Like a stamp.
  • Rose: I want her to say, "We are not amused". I bet you five quid that I can make her say it.
    The Doctor: Well if I gambled on that, it'd be an abuse of my privilege as a traveller in time.
    Rose: Ten quid?
    The Doctor: Done.
  • Sir Robert: Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?
    The Doctor: Well, they were bald, athletic, your wife's away - I just thought you were happy.
  • Rose: What do we do?
    The Doctor: We...run!
    Rose: Is that it??
    The Doctor: You got any silver bullets?
    Rose: Not on me, no!
    The Doctor: Then we run! (to Queen Victoria) Your Majesty, as a doctor, I recommend a vigorous jog. Good for the health!
  • The Host: Look, inside your eyes, you've seen it too!
    Rose: Seen what?
    The Host: The wolf, there's something of the wolf about you!
    Rose: I don't know what you mean.
    The Host: You burnt like the sun, but all I require is the moon!
  • The Doctor: You want weapons, we're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. (dons a pair of glasses) This room is the greatest arsenal we can have.
  • Sir Robert: I committed treason for you. But now my wife will remember me with honour!
  • Queen Victoria: I saw last night that Great Britain has enemies beyond imagination, and we must defend our borders on all sides. I propose an institute, to investigate these strange happenings and to fight them. I will call it Torchwood. The Torchwood Institute. And if this Doctor should return, then he should beware, because Torchwood will be waiting!
  • The Doctor: You'd call it a werewolf, but technically it's more of a lupine wavelength haemovaroform.
Back to top Go down
https://psych.forumgratuit.ro

Season 2 Episode 2 Tooth and Claw
Page 1 of 1