Posts : 152
Join date : 2015-07-07
|Subject: Season 2 Episode 9 The Satan Pit (2) Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:37 pm|| |
- (After the Doctor destroys the Beast's prison, the Beast's mind is unleashed within Toby)
Toby: (as the Beast's mind) I am the rage and the bile and the velocity. I am the prince and the fall of the enemy. I am the sin and the fear and the darkness. (Toby then breathes fire)
Zac: What is he? What the hell is he?!
Toby: (as the Beast's mind) I shall never die. The thought of me is forever, in the bleeding hearts of men, in their vanity and obsession. Nothing shall ever destroy me. Nothing!
- The Doctor: If you want to listen to voices in the dark, then listen to mine.
- The Doctor: What, then, you're the truth behind the myth?
The Beast: This one knows me, as I know him. The killer of his own kind.
- Ida Scott: Hang on though, Doctor. You never really said. You two. Who are you?
The Doctor: Oh… (shares a look with Rose) The stuff of legend.
- (The Doctor works out the Beast's plan; if he kills the Beast, the gravity will fail and the rocket that Rose is in will fall into the black hole.)
The Doctor: If I kill you, I kill her. (The Beast laughs) Except that implies, in this big grand scheme of gods and devils, that she's just a victim. But I've seen a lot of this universe. I've seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods. And out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing, just one thing… I believe in her.
- The Doctor: (when he sees the massive Beast chained in the pit) I accept that you exist. I don't have to accept what you are. But your physical existence, I give you that.
- The Beast: You know nothing. All of you. So small. (cut to Zac) The captain, so scared of command. (cut to Jefferson) The soldier, haunted by the eyes of his wife. (cut to Ida) The scientist still running from Daddy. (cut to Danny) The little boy who lied. (cut to Toby) The virgin. (cut to Rose) And the lost girl, so far away from home. The valiant child who will die in battle so very soon.
- The Doctor: How did you end up on this rock?
The Beast: The disciples of the light rose up against me and chained me in the pit for all eternity.
The Doctor: When was this?
The Beast: Before time.
The Doctor: What does that mean?
The Beast: Before time.
The Doctor: What does 'before time' mean?
The Beast: Before time and light and space and matter. Before the cataclysm. Before this universe was created.
The Doctor: That's impossible. No life could have existed back then.
The Beast: Is that your religion?
The Doctor: It's a belief.
- (Ida and the Doctor debate whether to go into the opened pit or not)
Ida Scott: We should go down. I'd go. What about you?
The Doctor: Oh, oh… in a second. But then again… (pause) That is so human. Where angels fear to tread. Even now, standing on the edge. It's that feeling you get, yeah? Right at the back of your head. That impulse. That strange little impulse. That mad little voice saying 'Go on. Go on. Go on. Go over. Go on.' Maybe it's relying on that… For once in my life, Officer Scott, I'm going to say… retreat. (He steps back from the edge) Now I know I'm getting old.
- The Doctor: If they get back in touch, if you talk to Rose, just tell her ... (long pause) ... tell her ... (long pause) ... Oh she knows.
- (In the air ducts)
Rose: Not your best angle, Danny.
Danny: Oi! Stop it!
Toby: (who is right behind Rose) Could be worse.