Posts : 152
Join date : 2015-07-07
|Subject: Season 2 Episode 12 Army of Ghosts (1) Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:43 pm|| |
- (The TARDIS is in flight)
Rose: My Mum is still on board.
(The Doctor realises Jackie is still on board, sitting on the gantry)
Jackie: If we end up on Mars, I am going to kill you.
- The Doctor: (coming up from below the TARDIS console holding a device) Who're ya gonna call?
The Doctor: I ain't afraid of no ghost!
- (The Doctor sees the large sphere)
The Doctor: This is a void ship.
Yvonne Hartman: And what is that?
The Doctor: Well, it's impossible for starters. I always thought it was just a theory. It's a vessel designed to exist outside time and space. Travelling through the void.
Dr Singh: What's the void?
The Doctor: The space between dimensions. There's all sorts of realities around us, different dimensions, billions of parallel universes all stacked up against each other. The void is the space in between. Containing absolutely nothing. Imagine that. Nothing. No light, no dark, no up, no down. No life. No time. Without end. My people call it the void, the Eternals call it the Howling. But some people call it hell.
Dr Singh: But someone built the sphere. What for? Why go there?
The Doctor: To explore. To escape. You could sit inside that thing, an eternity could pass you by. The Big Bang, end of the universe, start of the next… wouldn't even touch the sides. You'd exist outside the whole of creation.
Yvonne Hartman: You see? We were right. There is something inside it.
The Doctor: Oh yes.
Dr Singh: So how do we get in there?
The Doctor: We don't. We send that thing back into hell.
- The Doctor: All those times I've been on Earth, I've never heard of you.
Yvonne Hartman: Well, of course not. You're the enemy. You're actually named in the Torchwood Foundation Charter of 1879 as an enemy of the crown.
The Doctor: 1879? That was called Torchwood. That house in Scotland.
Yvonne Hartman: That's right. Where you encountered Queen Victoria and the werewolf.
Jackie: I think he makes half of it up.
Yvonne Hartman: Her Majesty created the Torchwood Institute with the express intention of keeping Britain great and fighting the alien horde.
The Doctor: If I'm the enemy, does that mean I'm a prisoner?
Yvonne Hartman: Oh yes. But we'll make you perfectly comfortable.
- Yvonne Hartman: The Torchwood Institute has a motto. 'If it's alien, it's ours'. Anything that comes from the sky, we strip it down and we use it, for the good of the British Empire.
Jackie: For the good of the what?
Yvonne Hartman: The British Empire.
Jackie: There isn't a British Empire.
Yvonne Hartman: Not yet.
- (The Doctor is about to face armed Torchwood soldiers)
Rose: Doctor, they've got guns.
The Doctor: And I haven't. Which makes me the better person, don't you think? (moves Rose away from the TARDIS door) They can shoot me dead, but the moral high-ground is mine.
- Jackie: What happens when I'm gone?
Rose: Don't talk like that!
Jackie: No, but really. When I'm dead and buried, you won't have any reason to come back home. What happens then?
Rose: I don't know.
Jackie: Do you think you'll ever settle down?
Rose: The Doctor never will so I can't. I'll just keep on travelling.
Jackie: And you'll keep on changing. And in forty years time, fifty, there'll be this woman, this strange woman, walking through the marketplace on some planet a billion miles from Earth. She's not Rose Tyler. Not any more. She's not even human.
- Jackie: You're always doing this. Reducing it to science. Why can't it be real? Just think of it, though. All the people we've lost. Our families coming back home. Don't you think it's beautiful?
The Doctor: I think it's horrific.
- The Doctor: So, you find the breach, probe it, this sphere comes through, six hundred feet above London, bam! It leaves a hole in the fabric of reality. And that hole, you think, 'Oh, shall we leave it alone, shall we back off, shall we play it safe?', Nah, you think, 'Let's make it bigger'!
- (After pulling Jackie out of the TARDIS in front of Hartman)
The Doctor: Here she is, Rose Tyler! She's not the best I've ever had... a bit too blonde. Not too steady on her pins, she's like that. Just last week she stared into the heart of the Time Vortex and aged 57 years... but she'll do!
Jackie: I'm 40!
The Doctor: Deluded... bless! I'll have to try her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea! Well, I say very good, I mean not bad... well, I say not bad...
- Rose: (voiceover) Planet Earth. This is where I was born. And this is where I died. The first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all, not ever. And then I met a man called 'The Doctor'. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.
The Doctor: How long are you going to stay with me?
Rose: (voiceover) That's what I thought. But then came the army of ghosts, then came Torchwood and the war. That's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died.
- Jackie: These Cybermen, what have they got to do with the ghosts?
The Doctor: You never listen! A footprint doesn't look like a boot!
- Yvonne Hartman: What are they?
The Doctor: They came through first. The advance guard. Cybermen.
- Yvonne Hartman: They're invading the whole planet.
The Doctor: It's not an invasion, it's too late for that. It's a victory.