Psych-Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psych-Illusions

Psychology, mind, behavior, abnormal, biological, cognitive, comparative, cross-cultural, cultural differential, evolutionary, experimental, music, health, theories

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 6 The Doctor's Daughter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Episode 6 The Doctor's Daughter Empty
PostSubject: Episode 6 The Doctor's Daughter   Episode 6 The Doctor's Daughter EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:17 pm

The Doctor: There could still be something real in that temple, something that's become a myth, a piece of technology, a weapon.
Donna: So the source could be a weapon and we've just given directions to Captain Nut-job!

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor, and I declare this war is over!

(The Doctor and Donna drop Martha back home)
Donna: Are you sure about this?
Martha: Yeah. Positive. I can't do this anymore. You'll be the same one day.
Donna: Not me, never! How could I ever go back to normal life after seeing all this? I'm gonna travel with that man forever.
(Donna and Martha hug)
Martha: Good luck.
Donna: And you.
The Doctor: We're making a habit of this.
Martha: Yeah, and you'd think it'd get easier. All those things you've been ready to die for, I thought for a moment there you'd finally found something worth living for.
The Doctor: Oh, there's always something worth living for, Martha.

The Doctor: (after Jenny has been shot) Two hearts. Two hearts, she's like me. If we wait... if we just wait...
Martha: There's no sign, Doctor. There's no regeneration. She's like you but maybe not enough.
The Doctor: No, too much. That's the truth of it. She was too much like me.

The Doctor: You said you wanted this war over.
General Cobb: I said I wanted this war won!
The Doctor: You can't win, no-one can. You don't even know why you're here. Your whole history, it's just Chinese whispers, getting more distorted the more it's passed on. This is the Source. This is what you're fighting over. A device to rejuvenate a planet's ecosystem. It's nothing mystical; it's from a laboratory, not some creator. It's a bubble of gases, a cocktail of stuff for accelerated evolution. Methane, hydrogen, ammonia, amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids. It's used to make barren planets habitable. Look around you. It's not for killing. It's for bringing life. If you allow it, it can lift you out of these dark tunnels and into the bright, bright sunlight. No more fighting; no more killing.

Donna: This war started seven days ago. Just a week. A week.
Jenny: They said years.
Donna: No. They said generations. If they're all like you and they're products of those machines...
The Doctor: They can have twenty generations in a day. Each generation that gets killed in the war passes on the legend. Oh, Donna, you're a genius!
Jenny: But the buildings, the encampments, they're in ruins!
The Doctor: Well, they're not ruined, they're just empty. Waiting to be populated. They've mythologised their entire history. The Source must be part of that too.

Donna: Oh, I know that look. See it a lot round our way. Blokes with pushchairs and frowns. You've got Dad-shock.
The Doctor: Dad-shock?
Donna: Sudden unexpected fatherhood. Take a bit of getting used to.
The Doctor: No, it's not that.
Donna: What is it then? Having Jenny in the TARDIS, is that it? What's she gonna do, cramp your style? Like you've got a sports car, she's going to turn it into a people carrier?
The Doctor: Donna, I've been a father before.
Donna: What?
The Doctor: I lost all that a long time ago. Along with everything else.
Donna: I'm sorry. I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me? You talk all the time but you don't say anything.
The Doctor: I know. It's just... when I look at her now, I can see them. The hole they left, all the pain that filled it. I just don't know if I can face that every day.
Donna: It won't stay like that. She'll help you. We both will.
The Doctor: When they died, that part of me died with them. It'll never come back, not now.
Donna: I'll tell you something, Doctor. Something that I've never told you before. I think you're wrong.

Jenny: What's it like, the traveling?
Donna: Oh, never a dull moment. It can be terrifying, brilliant and funny, sometimes all at the same time. I've seen some amazing things though. Whole new worlds.
Jenny: I'd love to see new worlds.
Donna: You will. Won't she, Doctor?
The Doctor: Hm?
Donna: Do you think Jenny will see any new worlds?
The Doctor: I suppose so.
Jenny: You mean... you mean, you'll take me with you?
The Doctor: Well, we can't leave you here, can we?

Jenny: I can hold them up.
The Doctor: No. We don't need any more dead.
Jenny: But it's them or us.
The Doctor: It doesn't mean you have to kill them.
Jenny: I'm trying to save your life!
The Doctor: Listen to me. Killing... after a while it infects you, and once it does, you're never rid of it
Jenny: But we don't have a choice.
The Doctor: We always have a choice.

The Doctor: What are you staring at?
Jenny: You keep insisting you're not a soldier but look at you! Drawing up strategies like a proper general.
The Doctor: No, no. I'm trying to stop the fighting.
Jenny: Isn't every soldier?

The Doctor: Call me old-fashioned, but if you really wanted peace, couldn't you just stop fighting?
General Cobb: Only when we have the Source. It'll give us the power to erase every stinking Hath from the face of this planet.
The Doctor: Hang on, a second ago it was 'peace in our time' and now you're talking about genocide!
General Cobb: For us, that means the same thing.

The Doctor: What's the Source? I like a Source. What is it?
General Cobb: The Breath of Life.
The Doctor: And that would be?
Cline: In the beginning, the Great One breathed life into the universe, and then she looked at what she'd done and she sighed.
Jenny: She. I like that.
The Doctor: Right, so it's a creation myth.
General Cobb: It's no myth. It's real. That sigh from the beginning of time, it was caught and kept as the Source. It was lost when the war started, but it's here somewhere. Whoever holds the Source controls the destiny of this planet.

Cline: The progenation machines are powered down for the night-shift, but as soon as they're active, we could breed a whole platoon from you two.
Donna: I'm not having sons and daughters by some great big flippin' machine!

The Doctor: How long has this war gone on for?
General Cobb: Longer than anyone can remember. Countless generations marked only by the dead.
Donna: What, fighting all this time?
Jenny: Because we must. Every child of the machine is born with this knowledge. It's our inheritance. It's all we know. How to fight... and how to die.

General Cobb: Back at the dawn of this planet, these ancient halls were carved from the earth. Our ancestors dreamt of a new beginning, a colony where human and Hath would work and live together.
The Doctor: So what happened?
General Cobb: The dream died. Broken, along with Hath promises. They wanted it all for themselves, but those early pioneers, they fought back, they used the machines to produce soldiers instead of colonists and began this battle for survival.

Donna: (after deciding on Jenny's name) What do you think, Dad?
The Doctor: Good as anything, I suppose.
Donna: Not what you'd call a natural parent, are you?
The Doctor: They stole a tissue sample at gunpoint and processed it. It's not what I call natural parenting.
Donna: Rubbish. My friend Nerys fathered twins using a turkey baster, don't bother her.
The Doctor: You can't extrapolate a relationship from a biological accident.
Donna: The Child Support Agency can.
The Doctor: Look, just because I share certain physiological traits with simian primates doesn't make me a monkey's uncle, does it?
Jenny: I'm not a monkey. Or a child.

Donna: You say, 'daughter'.
The Doctor: Technically.
Martha: Technically, how?
The Doctor: Progenation. Reproduction by a single organism. It means one parent is biological mother and father. You take a sample of diploid cells, split them into haploids then recombine them in a different arrangement and grow. (regarding Jenny) Very quickly, apparently.

Martha: Where did she come from?
The Doctor: From me.
Donna: From you? How? Who is she?
The Doctor: Well... she's... well, she's my daughter.
Jenny: (cocking her gun) Hello, Dad.

The Doctor: I don't know where we're going but my old hand's very excited about it.
Donna: I thought that was some freaky alien thing! You're telling me it's yours?
The Doctor: Well...
Martha: It got cut off. He grew a new one.
Donna: You are completely impossible!
The Doctor: Not... impossible. Just a bit unlikely.

(After re-awakening Jenny steals a shuttle and fires up the engines.)
Cline: Jenny, what you doing? Come back.
Jenny: Sorry, can't stop. What are you gonna do, tell my Dad?
Cline: But where are you going?
Jenny: Oh, I've got the whole universe. Planets to save, civilisations to rescue, creatures to defeat... and an awful lot of running to do!

Jenny: They've blasted through the beams. Time to run again. Love the running, yeah?
The Doctor: Love the running.

The Doctor: Well, you need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up 'genocide'. You'll find a little picture of me there, and the caption will read 'Over my dead body'.

Jenny: What's a Time Lord?
The Doctor: It's who I am, it's where I'm from.
Jenny: And I'm from you.
The Doctor: You're an echo, that's all. A Time Lord is so much more. A sum of knowledge, a code, a shared history, a shared suffering. Only it's gone now, all of it. Gone forever.
Jenny: What happened?
The Doctor: There was a war.
Jenny: Like this one.
The Doctor: (Grimly) Bigger, much bigger.
Jenny: And you fought, and killed.
The Doctor: (Reluctantly) Yes.
Jenny: Then how are we different?

Jenny: Always thinking, both of you. Who are you people?
The Doctor: I told you. I'm the Doctor.
Jenny: The Doctor? That's it?
Donna: That's all he ever says.
Jenny: So, you don't have a name either. Are you an anomaly, too?
The Doctor: No.
Donna: Oh, come off it. You're the most anomalous bloke I've ever met.
(The Doctor uncovers wire)
The Doctor: Here it is.
Jenny: And Time Lord. What are they for exactly?
The Doctor: For? They're not-they're not for anything.
Jenny: So, what do you do?
The Doctor: I travel. Through time and space.
Donna: He saves planets, rescues civilisations and defeats terrible creatures. And runs a lot. Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved.

(Soldier points his gun at the Doctor)
Donna: Oi oi oi alright, cool the beans, Rambo!

(In anger, The Doctor points a gun at General Cobb's head, then pulls it away and addresses everyone following his belief that Jenny is dead)
The Doctor: (to everyone): I never would. Have you got that? I never would. When you start this world of Humans and Hath you remember to make the foundations of this society, a man that never would.

(The Doctor tries to keep Jenny fighting for her life after she's been shot)
The Doctor: We can go anywhere, everywhere. You choose.
Jenny: Sounds good.
The Doctor: You're my daughter and we've only just started. You're going to be great. You're going to be more than great. You're going to be amazing, do you hear me?

Jenny: (to Donna, regarding The Doctor): You're no better than him. I have a body, I have a mind. I have independent thought. How am I not real? What makes you better than me?

The Doctor: You've sealed off the tunnel. Why would you do that?
Jenny: (regarding the Hath): They were trying to kill us.
The Doctor: (regarding Martha): But they've got my friend.
Jenny: Collateral damage. At least you've still got her. He's lost both his men. I'd say you'd came out ahead.
Donna: Her name is Martha and she's not collateral damage, not for anyone. Have you got that GI Jane?

Jenny: So, you two are together. Are you... together?
Donna: What? No, no! He's a different species. I think there are laws about that.
Back to top Go down
https://psych.forumgratuit.ro

Episode 6 The Doctor's Daughter
Page 1 of 1