Posts : 152
Join date : 2015-07-07
|Subject: Season 2 Episode 5 Rise of the Cybermen (1) Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 pm|| |
- The Doctor: We're not meant to be here. The TARDIS draws its power from the universe but it's the wrong universe. It's like diesel in a petrol engine.
Mickey: But I've seen it in comics. People go hopping from one alternative world to another. It's easy.
The Doctor: Not in the real world. Used to be easy. When the Time Lords kept their eye on everything, you could pop between realities, home in time for tea. Then they died and took it all with them. The walls of reality closed, the worlds were sealed. Everything became that bit less kind.
- Jackie Tyler: If you're giving out presents, where's my zeppelin? Everyone else has got one. Rose! Come on, Rose! I bet you didn't even notice, did you? Special delivery. Sent it around today. That's a present from Mr. Lumic. Latest model, diamond-studded. Pick up signals from Venezuela.
Pete Tyler: Why would you want to pick up signals from Venezuela?
Jackie Tyler: Well, I don't know, but now I can find out!
- Pete Tyler: It's just that I promised I'd help the wife out tonight.
John Lumic: If the President of Great Britain can make this meeting, then so can you.
Pete Tyler: I don't know. He's not married to Jackie, is he?
- The Doctor: We surrender! Hands up! There's no need to damage us. We're good stock. We volunteer for the upgrade program. Take us to be processed.
Cyberman: You are rogue elements.
The Doctor: But we surrender!
Cyberman: You are incompatible.
The Doctor: But this is a surrender!
Cyberman: You will be deleted.
The Doctor: But we're surrendering. Listen to me, we surrender!
Cyberman: You are inferior. Man will be reborn as Cyberman, but you will perish under maximum deletion. Delete! Delete! Delete! DELETE!
- The Doctor: According to Lucy... that man over there-
Rose: Who's Lucy?
The Doctor: She's carrying the salmon pinwheels.
(Lucy, being a pretty brunette girl)
Rose: Oh, that's Lucy, is it?
The Doctor: Yah...
- (after the Cybermen smash their way into Jackie's party, the President gets a phone-call)
The President: Mr. Lumic.
John Lumic: Mr. President… I suppose a remark about 'crashing the party' would be appropriate at this point. (laughs)
The President: I forbade this.
John Lumic: These are my children, sir. Would you deny my family?
- Mickey: So, who are you lot?
Ricky Smith: We? We are the Preachers. As in gospel truth. See? No ear-pods. While the rest of the world downloads from Cybus Industries, we… we have got freedom. You're talking to London's most wanted. But target number one is Lumic and we are going to bring him down.
Mickey: From your kitchen?
Ricky Smith: Have you got a problem with that?
Mickey: No. It's a good kitchen.
- The President: And I'm here to tell you, John, the answer is no. My government does not give you permission. And I think no government ever will.
John Lumic: I've prepared a paper for the ethical committee.
The President: Oh, come on. It's not just unethical. It's obscene.
John Lumic: Mr. President, if I might make a personal plea? I am dying, sir.
The President: I'm aware of that, and I'm very sorry.
John Lumic: Without this project, you have condemned me. My inventions have advanced this whole planet. Would you have all that perish?
The President: You're a fine businessman, John, but you're not God.
- Mrs. Moore: The bad news is they've arrested Thin Jimmy. So that just leaves you.
Mickey: Leaves me what?
Jake Simmonds: The number one. Top of the list. London's most wanted.
Mickey: OK, cool. (pause) Say that again?
- The Doctor: We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness. We're in some sort of no place. The silent realm. The lost dimension…
Mickey: (Having looked outside) Otherwise known as London.
- Cybermen: We have been upgraded.
The Doctor: Into what?
Cybermen: The next level of mankind. We are human-point-two. Every citizen will receive a free upgrade. You will become like us.
- The Doctor: (looking out the window) It's happening again!
Rose: What you mean?
The Doctor: I've seen them before.
Rose: What are they?
The Doctor: Cybermen.
- John Lumic: Are you having fun, Mr. Crane?
Mr. Crane: No, no, no. Not at all, sir. It's just... well, it's... irresistible.
John Lumic: Then resist! And start the upgrade.
Mr. Crane: Did we get permission?
John Lumic: I am governed by greater laws, old friend. The right of a man to survive. Now, begin!
- John Lumic: We're all flesh and blood, but the brain is what makes us human. And my mind is more creative than ever.
- The Doctor: I just gave away ten years of my life. Worth every second.
- (looking at the birthday banner)
Peter Tyler: What's wrong with that?
Jackie Tyler: Forty! It's says forty.
Peter Tyler: You are forty.
Jackie Tyler: I don't want the whole world telling, do I?
Peter Tyler: You're having a party tonight!
Jackie Tyler: My thirty ninth. My official biography says I was born on the same day as Cuba Gooding Jr., and that makes me thirty nine. Thank you very much.
- The Doctor: I should get this thing to... (kicks the TARDIS control panel)
Mickey: Does that help?
The Doctor: Yes.
Mickey: Did that hurt?
The Doctor: Yes.